Oman’s highest mountain, Jebel Shams (Mountain of the Sun, 3009m), is best known not for its peak but for the view into the spectacularly deep Wadi Ghul lying alongside it. And during this trip, you will experience both the highest and the lowest of the Grand Canyon of Arabia. We will stay in a unique 300-years old mud-brick house.
Did you know that: In the mountains in Oman, due to the height difference, the temperature it’s 10-15 degrees less than in Dubai. How cool is that?
We will leave Dubai on Thursday after work (you can also fly to Muscat) and come back on Saturday evening.
Note that the number of participants is limited and spots fill up fast, therefore plan ahead and book in advance. Here are the dates for 2019 & 2020:
26-28 December 2019
23-25 January 2020
20-22 February 2020
26-28 March 2020
23-25 Aril 2020
21-23 May 2020
18-20 June 2020
16-18 July 2020
20-22 August 2020
THURSDAY – DAY 1
15-18 Leave Dubai / Long drive approx 6.5 h / 4×4 is preferred / You can also fly to Muscat / The earlier you leave Dubai the better / If you need a ride, we do carpooling, ask for details
FRIDAY – DAY 2
8 – Home-cooked breakfast on the roof with the view on the old town and palm plantation
9 – Leave Hotel & approx. 1 h drive to the start of the hike
10 – Start the hike
16 – Finish the hike
17 – 1 h drive back to the Hotel
19 – Home-cooked dinner in the guesthouse
SATURDAY – DAY 3
7 – Breakfast in the hotel
8 – Leave the hotel, check out & 20 min drive to start of the hike
9 – Start the hike
13 – Finish the hike, start driving back to Dubai
995 AED per 1 person in a double/twin room
– Hiking x 2 | Level: Intermediate / Beginner | 10/12 KM each day, approx. 4-5 Hours Long
– 2 Nights Accommodation in a double room (twin or double) in a traditional Omani Mud-Brick House converted into a hotel
– Breakfast x 2 (local cuisine)
– Dinner x 2 (local cuisine)
What’s NOT included in the price?
– Transportation (4×4 are preferred), we do carpooling and share the costs and carbon footprint
– Health, travel & car Insurance – Please purchase all
– UAE exit stamp 30 AED and Oman Visa 50 AED
– Snacks, Water
We can assist you with the Visa application, but it’s your responsibility to apply for the correct visa. No refunds will be made in case you are denied to enter Oman.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE HIKE:
Level: Intermediate / Beginner
Duration: 4-6 Hours each hike
Length: 10-12 km each hike
You must have at least 1 hike over 4 hours in your experience to qualify.
Hiking shoes and a headlamp are a MUST for your own safety.
Please follow ALL 3 steps to register:
Step 1: Click ATTENDING & Share it on Facebook: http://bit.ly/hikeoman
Step 2: Join Facebook group: https://bit.ly/fcbgroup
Step 3: WhatsApp us with your name & trip: https://wa.me/971552959502
If you cancel the hiking trip:
– 7 days or more prior to your Arrival Date: all payments will be refunded, minus handling charge. You can also transfer the amount to another trip. We will gladly transfer your credit to another guest.
– Between 7 days and your Arrival Date: 100% of the payments will be forfeited.
Refund payments are subject to a 50 USD handling charge.
Your participation in the event and personal wellbeing remains your sole responsibility. The organizers or team leaders will not be held responsible for any accident or loss during or after the entire event.